On some devices and Android OS versions Impel cannot remain running as an app-only over the course of a 24 hour day. In those cases, we strongly recommend running Impel in service mode. Here’s how to turn that setting on:
- Find the Impel icon in your apps folder and tap it to start the app
- Tap on the overflow (the three dots) icon or on some devices the hardware menu button
- Tap on the Settings icon
- Tap on the Service Mode item
- In the dialog box that appears, tap on the Performance Mode item
- You are now running Impel as a service!
Please note: Google requires all apps running as a service to place an icon in the Notification tray, and Impel complies with this requirement. This icon serves as a reminder to the consumer that something is always running in the background and is required for security purposes. The icon cannot be removed or hidden.
Posted in: General