A GPS Proximity Event is an event that happens whenever your device enters or leaves the area around a specified geographical location. Presently to use these events the GPS function of your device must be turned on and the GPS feature will remain on until the event is disabled.
- Turn on the GPS hardware feature for your device
- Start Impel
- Make a new event by pressing the Menu button, the the Add Task button
- Tap the “Select from available Events” row and then tap the “GPS Proximity Event” option
- Tap the “Enter Location” option
- Tap the “*Select a location” row then tap the “Location from map” option
- Type in a valid address or pick an area from the map. Tap the area that says “Tap here to save or edit a location” to continue.
- To save a new location name, tap the “Save New Location” area and give this location a name. Tap the “Save” button and then the “Next” button to finish
- Tap the “Select from available Actions” row and then tap the “Enable Hardware Feature” option
- Tap the “Silent Mode” optionTap the “Next” button when done
- If you need conditions, like restricting this task to run only during certain time or battery ranges, you can add those settings now. Otherwise, just tap “Next” to finish
- If you want to make any changes to the Task name, description or color you can modify those settings now. Otherwise, just tap “Next” to finish
- Review the settings. If you like everything you see, tap “Finish” and you are done
Posted in: General